Register for a Hand or Upper Extremity Conference Provided by FORE, the Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education
A hand or upper extremity conference can equip orthopaedic surgeons and other orthopaedic healthcare professionals with the latest treatment techniques for metacarpal fractures, torn flexor tendons, scapholunate ligament tears, and other related conditions. Each year, the Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education (FORE) organizes the Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery conference, giving attendees the opportunity to expand their clinical skills and learn more about complex hand and wrist procedures.
The Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery conference, which is held annually in Tampa, Florida, provides a broad overview of the following topics:
- Treatments for various hand and upper extremity conditions
- Techniques for arthroplasty and surgical reconstruction
- Treatment options for pediatric patients with hand, wrist, and shoulder injuries
- Today’s most prevalent problems in elbow surgery
- Techniques for shoulder surgery, aimed at professionals who specialize in hand surgery
This hand and upper extremity conference includes a carefully organized schedule of lectures, hands-on laboratory sessions, and engaging panel debates — all capped off by opportunities for 1-on-1 and small group discussion. Orthopaedic surgeons and other orthopaedic healthcare professionals — including surgery, sports medicine, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and nursing — are welcome to attend.
Expand Your Surgical Capabilities in the Bioskills Lab
Participants learn best when lectures, panel discussions, and case reviews are paired with hands-on bioskills workshops that allow them to put what they’ve learned into practice. For this reason, we dedicate an entire day of our annual hand conference to a bioskills lab.
During the lab, expert surgeons provide attendees with step-by-step explanations of the processes they follow to perform various hand and wrist procedures, sharing useful “do’s and don’ts” for achieving optimal surgical outcomes. As participants practice new surgical techniques, the faculty members will observe and provide helpful, real-time advice, as well as answers to any questions that arise.
In the past, the Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery conference has featured bioskills labs on a range of hand and wrist procedures, including:
- Partial wrist fusion
- Metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal arthroplasty
- Complex distal radius fracture treatment
- Distal elbow trauma and instability treatment
- Distal radius and proximal humerus plate fixation
- Scaphoid plate fixation
To find out which topics will be covered at the next Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery conference, visit our conference schedule and view the webpage for this year’s meeting. You can also contact FORE by phone at (813) 877-8096 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Additional Conferences Focused on the Upper Extremity
In addition to the Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery hand conference, FORE offers many other courses throughout the year that have an upper extremity component. Our schedule includes a variety of courses focused on sports medicine and trauma, allowing practitioners to learn about upper extremity topics within the context of their professional specialization.
- Detroit Regional Sports Medicine Symposium (Plymouth, Michigan)
- Baseball Sports Medicine: Game-Changing Concepts (New York, New York)
- Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Care: Pushing the Envelope (San Diego, California)
- Atlanta Trauma Symposium (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Current Solutions in Orthopaedic Trauma (Tampa, Florida)
- Tampa Shoulder Course (Tampa, Florida)
To secure your place at our hand conference or any other meeting in our conference schedule, visit the individual web pages for the courses and register online in minutes. For additional information, contact FORE by phone at (813) 877-8096 or by email at email@example.com.