A Hand CME Course Provided by FORE, the Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education
Orthopaedic surgeons and other orthopaedic healthcare professionals interested in hand CME opportunities can attend Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery, provided by FORE, the Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education. Hosted annually in Tampa, Florida, this upper extremity conference provides comprehensive, up-to-date education pertaining to hand, wrist, and elbow surgery.
At FORE, we redesign our hand CME course each year to ensure that we are providing attendees with the most engaging and relevant information on the topic. Common areas of focus include:
- Advances in surgical techniques
- Non-surgical techniques for managing fractures, arthritis, and other hand disorders
- Advanced diagnostic imaging principles
- Updates and improvements to current surgical technologies
Didactic Presentations and Panel Discussions
At FORE’s hand CME conference, participants can explore current treatment recommendations for many common and complex hand and wrist conditions through a series of didactic presentations and panel discussions led by an expert faculty. These sessions provide attendees with a greater understanding of the available treatment options for conditions such as:
- Carpometacarpal joint arthritis
- Metacarpophalangeal joint arthritis
- Proximal interphalangeal joint arthritis
- Distal radius fractures
- Perilunate dislocations
- Distal radioulnar joint instability
- Ulnar impaction syndrome
Hands-On Bioskills Labs
We also offer attendees the unique opportunity to participate in a bioskills lab. This hands-on experience makes it possible for attendees to put into practice new concepts in elbow, wrist, and hand surgery while accruing CME credit hours. Lab topics in previous years have included:
- Metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal arthroplasty
- Distal elbow trauma and instability
- Partial wrist fusion
- Complex distal radius fractures
- Distal radius and proximal humerus plate fixation
- Scaphoid plate fixation
In addition, as part of our strong commitment to participant engagement, we give attendees ample opportunities to discuss principles and techniques with our esteemed faculty. FORE is committed to making CME come to life — the primary reason that our courses incorporate more than lectures and exhibitions.
Educational Opportunities for the Hand and Wrist Subspecialty
In addition to our annual hand CME conference, FORE offers other conferences throughout the year that feature an upper extremity component, enabling attendees to expand their knowledge of hand and wrist procedures.
To view the specific dates, agendas, and registration instructions for these conferences, please visit our conference schedule.
- Detroit Sports Medicine Symposium (Plymouth, Michigan)
- Baseball Sports Medicine: Game-Changing Concepts (New York, New York)
- Evolving Concepts in Orthopaedic Trauma (Park City, Utah)
- Current Solutions in Orthopaedic Trauma (Tampa, Florida)
- Tampa Shoulder Course: Arthroplasty & Sports (Tampa, Florida)
- Critical Concepts in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Frontiers in Upper Extremity Surgery (Tampa, Florida)
Want More Information?
To learn more about our annual hand CME conference or any of our other currently scheduled meetings, contact FORE today at email@example.com.