Chicago Sports Medicine Symposium
August 4 - August 6
This course has been designed to present knee, shoulder, elbow, hip and sports medicine ailments and the most advanced treatment options from nationally and internationally recognized orthopaedic surgeons. Live surgery broadcasts, workshops, case presentations and panel discussions will offer the participants the opportunity to interact with faculty and learn the most current solutions to these challenging problems.
Orthopaedic surgeons, primary care practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, athletic trainers, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals whose scope of practice includes sports medicine.
- Manage complex glenohumeral instability, advanced arthroscopic instability techniques, and management of anterior and posterior bone loss
- Manage rotator cuff tears from partial to massive tears, including complex tendon transfer and patch augmentation
- Recognize and evaluate contemporary management strategies for articular cartilage reconstruction
- Evaluate and treat basic and complex knee ligament injuries
- Identify, evaluate, and manage Femoral Acetabular Impingement and Labral Tears of the hip
- Understand contemporary rehabilitation programs and return to play guidelines for common shoulder, knee and hip problems.
- Evaluation management of sports elbow conditions including epicondylitis, ulnar nerve entrapment and ligament repair.
Anthony A. Romeo, MDAnthony A. Romeo, MD is a Professor at Rush University Medical Center and a Partner at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago, IL.
Nikhil Verma, MDNikhil Verma, MD is an Assistant Professor at Rush University Medical Center and a Partner at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago, IL.
A special thank you to last years’ companies for their support. For information on supporting this course in 2017 with an educational grant or exhibit, please contact our office directly at 813-877-8096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DJO Global
- Graymont Equipment Distribution
- Joint Active Systems
- JRF Ortho
- Ossur Americas
- Smith & Nephew
- Trice Medical
- Zimmer Biomet
A small block of rooms have been reserved for August 2-6, 2017 at a special group rate of $249/night +taxes&fees. To receive the group rate, reservations must be made by July 19, 2017. To reserve your room online, please click here. To receive the group rate by phone, please mention “Chicago Sports Medicine Symposium” when making the reservation.
Accommodations for Disabilities
Please notify the Continuing Medical Education Office, 13020 Telecom Pkwy N, Tampa, FL 33637 or call 813-877-8096 a minimum of ten working days in advance of the event if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed.
Events, activities and facilities of Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education are available without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age or veteran status as provided by the law and in accordance with FORE’s respect for personal dignity.
We hope you take some time to enjoy Chicago! August is a great time to visit the city and the hotel location provides easy access to many of the wonderful sites, shopping, dining and museums. The hotel websites has some great information regarding local attractions and restaurants. For your information, the Chicago White Sox are hosting the Baltimore Orioles on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at US Cellular Park. General admission tickets are available on line, and will also be available at the stadium. The stadium is easily accessible by cab or train (Red line), arriving in less than 20 minutes from the hotel. To purchase tickets, please click here.